Thursday, April 16, 2009

BRONCOS MUST TAKE............



................Mark Sanchez. I ran into an interesting article this morning claiming that Josh McDaniels NEEDS to select Mark Sanchez in order to have INSURANCE of keeping his job if the Donkeys have a potentially awful year with Orton as QB. The insurance would be that McDaniels could claim that he is rebuilding this year if he has Sanchez learning from Orton. If JM does not get Sanchez, then a bad season could come down on him hard for trading Culter directly for Orton and some defensive draft picks.

Taking Mark Sanchez would definitely buy JM some time to justify keeping his job, but would it ultimately make his team a Superbowl contender in the next 3 years?........ Or would taking a top tier DT or LB with the 12th pick be the path to the big game sooner? I think I would take the latter.

If McDaniels is truly wanting to win right away, which has been his stand, I think you take a BJ Raji or Everette Brown to get a defensive starter immediately. Because I'm not even sure if I can say that Mark Sanchez will be a better QB than KO ultimately. So why not make an effective step forward on that JELLO SOFT D of ours?

Unless Mark Sanchez is John Elway in disguise.......... I think I've got the point on this one....

Photo from www.upi.com

No comments: